Updated: Feb 15
Thank you very much to James Butcher for a fabulously informative talk on responsible ways to deal with rodents.
James's website is https://www.facebook.com/RJSERVICESUK/ which contains his services and contact details.
The summarised points from the session were:
– Solid base to coop or buried mesh rather than try to prevent them burrowing under dug in-walls which they find easy to do. They can also tunnel from far away and deep down.
– Mesh needs to be thick rabbit mesh not chicken wire.
– Remove all feed and water.
– Store feed and bedding securely in metal, NOT plastic
– 1 rat means 10 about! 1 rat can lead to 2000 in one year.
– Hole fixing – screwed up wire mesh, good idea in drains too.
– Timber or metal at bottom of doors. They can get through 7mm!
- Call a pest controller if you need one. The accreditations used by pest controllers are below: