Poultry in Practice made simple
Time & Location
About the Event
10h of interactive face-face online teaching
6h of directed learning in preparation for the next session
Run over seven taught sessions, likley Wednesdays from 3pm but depending on delegate availabilities
Maximum of six delegates
Suitable for vets and very experienced poultry owners
1. Describe normal anatomy, physiology and clinical exam landmarks of a chicken.
2. Identify common pathologies found in post mortem examinations of pet chickens and determine the most appropriate diagnostic test(s).
3. List common diseases affecting backyard chickens
4. List differential diagnoses for Avian Influenza
5. Prescribe medications for backyard birds according to the cascade and advise the most suitable withdrawal periods.
6. Identify common husbandry issues which contribute to stress and disease.
7. Evaluate presenting material and determine the most appropriate action(s) in a common presentation of a chicken case.
This course will be run with a combination of Zoom (online teaching) and Email (homework)
Homework documents and comprehensive course notes will be provided
Technology requirements: Computer, webcam & speakers